24.12.09

Christmas Break

This week my break finally felt like it started.

On Saturday night Rich and I went to the Esperanza Plantation Christmas showcase to see some local bands play and catch up with old friends that I hadn't seen since high school. Sunday we rode around and did a last minute Christmas shopping.

Monday I drove up to Starkville with a trailer behind my mom's car and moved everything out of my apartment before turning around and driving home. Who knew I could pack everything in my apartment in ~ 2 hours? Now with that done I don't have any big things to take care of before leaving, a big relief.

Tuesday I ran errands, finished Christmas shopping, and hung out with Richie and Eli. We did some geocaching, saw Avatar in 3-D, and then played Settlers of Catan until about 1 in the morning.

Wednesday we did a family gift exchange, I got a scarf and a travel journal. The biggest present though was getting my passport and visa back in the mail. Long stay (1 year) visa for the Schengen Area is in my possession, I'm now free to move about the globe! Richie came over to hang out and receive his Christmas present, Astronomica. That book was massive, hopefully he'll get some use out of it. We stayed up pretty late, watching Kung Fu Hustle and smoking hookah.

Time to go get ready for another round of Christmas with family,
Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment